Friday, September 02, 2005



I wish I could do something greater then donate money to help with this disaster...lives are in shambles right now...I just pray that God moves on our hearts and there are people who can go help minster to hearts and lives. Here are some great ways to help a little...

World Vision
Red Cross

I want to continue the train of thought from my last post. You know, my heart and mind seems to be maxed out as far as understanding as much as I possibly can the great need in this world. There are so many physical needs not being met...and while I am so passionate about being an active participant in doing something, anything to at least help a few...I want to make sure that it is ALL being driven out of my desire to meet their spiritual needs.
When I look at pictures, hear stories, and think about lives that are destroyed through this disaster...and lives all over the world that are hopelessly struggling just to survive, something inside of me wants to change that. But it is almost easy to get passionate about that and get on a soap box about being wasteful physically and being so selfishly materialistic and ignore the even GREATER tragedy...being wasteful spiritually. I want to be able to look into the hearts of all those around me and have the same compassion on them that I have for children in Africa or Asia. They are starving spiritually. In some ways it is a little more difficult...because it is harder to see the need...but I pray that my eyes are constantly open and my heart always sensitive to know the need spiritually.

4 comments:

Karlene said...

Amen!!!!! Holy Spirit, help us be focused and sensitive to pray affectively! Help us to be close enough to feel your heart in all this!

Unknown said...

LOVE YOU... keep focused... call me sometime (ha ha ha) =)

Unknown said...

Miss you!

Unknown said...

I miss you so much!