Thursday, August 11, 2005

See you on the field...




You know the sports movies where the team is in this high-tention game...they take a quick time out...regroup, restrategize, then come back and give it their all and win the game? That is kind of what I felt this summer was like. I was extermely blessed to meet some amazing people who live their life like they are in the last 30-seconds of the game. When I talk with my new friends and my wonderful family, it is not like talking to a bunch of people sitting on the side-lines, critiquing the performance of the players...they are the players, and they are passionately pouring their hearts, bodies, and souls into this world. My friends and family here are not philosophers. They don't sit around and ponder how life could be better. They are strategizers. They gather together, swap war stories, and plan the next move. Every time you see them...they have taken new ground.

So, I am leaving in a few hours to drive back across the country... I didn't know it was possible to fall in love with so many people so quickly. I look forward to hearing all about the amazing things that happens in and through each and every one of you. Each of you encouraged me to live a more missional life in a unique and wonderful way. Thank you.

11 comments:

Pat Fooks said...

Dennae,
Travel safely. I know we will miss you, but God has another path for you right now. Take each day and continue to bless others with His love.

Pat

Edward Cross said...

Woo! Our turn!

I'll be praying for your ride home!

david huffman said...

safari njema dada! safari njema. Mungu akubariki sana. you have blessed my life more than you'll ever know.

Dennis Rogers said...

I am looking forward to having you in the game here in AZ. We have truely missed you; not just personally, but as a vital part of what God is doing in AZ. I think we are going to need to be very strategic about how we use the time we have in the next four months.

Edward Cross said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Edward Cross said...

I agree, Dennis!

Unknown said...

COME BACK... no one reads my mind quite like you! Love you!

jen said...

....it was great getting to know you...you have so much to offer and i pray god blesses you for your selflessness....hope to see you again soon....

Edward Cross said...

Dennae is back! MUAHAHA!

I hope I get to meet some of you someday!

Karlene said...

Oh Dennae! You have blessed so many and I am coining the phrase "I am apart of changing this world for Christ!" from you! You might of said it in different words but I have heard you say this to others!! Keep challenging others!!! I just loved seeing your face this summer. It went so fast!!

Christine Fooks said...

Dennae,
The house seems so empty without you, of course the boys are still sleeping--lol
I enjoyed having you here so much this summer and it's hard to see you go, but the awesome thing is we are still apart of each other. When you invest in people it's like a little part of yourself is left with them. This used to seem like such a sad thing to me, that everyone I got close to would leave, (poor me) but now I look at it like it's a way for us to spread ourselves all over the place...lol
I love you, nay!
The presents on the table went over big time, thanks! I'll write more in email...